Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Slice of Life

Having just made a fresh loaf of seven-grain bread for Shirley, I am moved to post a picture of it along with a recent "find". The butter dish called to me from the glass case at my favorite thrift, and, since I needed a butter dish, I answered the call. It is kind of quirky looking, but the pear knob on the cover made the sale. I have been grumbling far too long about a butter dish we have been using. Now we have this cute new one that I can easily use, and the old, impossible to grip, glass one has gone to Goodwill. A fair swap I say, not to mention an end to my complaints. It's the little things....

The bread turned out well given my lack of recent practice. Since I can no longer have bread, I got out of the habit of making it. At Shirley's request the bread machine came out of storage, the yeast, seeds, and flour, from the freezer, and all performed admirably. Take that, Publix!! Fresh bread full of seeds and stuff is just what Shirley likes. Hot from the oven with lots of real butter, mmmm delicious.

1 comment:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i agree that the butter dish was a must have. plain glass butter dish= boring;-) i adore it. i just wish i was there to enjoy the bread. i admit too to a love for warm bread and real butter. it must be genetic.
on another note, i did find a dip mom would love, blue cheese and roasted pecan. ooooweeee, delicious on crackers or hey, i bet on that very loaf of bread!