Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Plants for the Autumn

We went plant shopping yesterday and found some new treasures. I haven't bought plants in a very long time but the autumn of the year always calls for something a little different after the scorching heat of summer. I bought this beautiful pink rose named, Our Lady of Guadalupe. The name reminded me of San Miguel so I had to have it.



And since pink was obviously the theme, I bought this Pink Meuli Grass, a plant I have always wanted because of its lovely pink plumes. It only blooms in the autumn so I will have pink plumes to look forward to every year at this time.

1 comment:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i am so jealous, I LOVE SHOPPING FOR PLANTS!
at our old house her in SF i had a rose bush called Queen Elizabeth (in honor of you know who)
it was pink and i loved it! i don't have enough sun in my yard for roses now but i sure love them!
that grass is pretty too!