Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was full of very common activities that fed our souls. First, Janet mixed a huge bowl of liver cookie mixture for Cocoa's cookies. We feed her only fresh, all natural, home-made food and cookies and the cookie jar was getting near the bottom.
Then, we had blooms erupt from the yellow salvia that only blooms in the fall. We love it so much and the hummingbirds would too if they were still here and not down South.
I planted vegetable seeds and wrote on a stick so I would know what I planted in which bed. This technique lasts longer than just placing the seed packet on a stick. The packet wilts with the humidity and, anyway, I wanted to use the seed packets in a collage.
Finally, I ended the day with a glass of my favorite wine ($2.98 at WalMart) and gratitude for the little things that make such a big difference in our lives.

1 comment:

LeeAnn D. said...

Ah ... an Ode to Everyday Living. I love it. Sometimes it is just such a joy to just sit in the sunshine and breathe, isn't it?