Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bookcase Progress Report







Big Day today!! All five boxes of the bookcase wall are up, connected, and secured to the base. There is much tweaking to do before face frames can go on, planing edges square is the greatest part of it. Wood being wood, constantly moving, the edges where the cabinets connect do not meet perfectly squarely from top to bottom. In some places, I'll need to take one side down a sixteenth or so, or the face frame will not fit tightly. I don't want ugly gaps. I can get the face frame verticals cut, primed, and painted, and do the planing while the various coats dry. A bit of  juggling process, but it also provides a break for sore hands. At least today, the progress is very visible and we are pleased. I cleaned up all the tool piles and uncovered the table so I could take pictures for the blog. Please bear with the blue tape markers. They'll be gone eventually. 

No comments: