Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Blooms in the Summer Garden





Even though the daily rains have beaten down many of the blooms and even though I cut back all of the roses to give them one more chance in this muggy weather, I have some plants that are thriving. The morning glory plants are climbing on the wire bed frame---truly a bed of Morning Glories. They are all volunteers from some prior summer crop. I did not plant a single seed this year.

The orange lilies have only this week brought forth their delicate blooms and I just love the richness of their color. Finally, I was able to capture a butterfly, now that I have found the macro setting on the camera and unearthed a portable tripod that Janet bought for me about ten years ago.

It is really almost too hot to stay outside more than 30 minutes at a time. We took a load of brush to the green boxes this morning and then will remain indoors until evening, when it is safe to go back outside without suffocating.

No comments: