Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Art Night



A blessedly unscheduled evening gave us the opportunity to devote some time to our new pursuit, watercolor journaling. We watched a DVD on journaling while we were at Barkwell's on Spring Break, and decided to give it a try. I bought watercolor pads, and pocket field sketch boxes of watercolors. With supplies in hand, we each set forth on our first attempt. How differently we work! I do lots of practice sketches on scratch paper, arranging and rearranging the elements until I am ready to transfer the the work to "real" paper. I do make it very laborious, as I do in all things. Shirley, on the other hand, is a free sketcher, with no practice pages, never knowing how her page will turn out. The lake and cypress scene is from her weekend visit to Melrose, Fla. The daylily is from her garden. She has not done her lettering yet.
Allowable Treats is my lament over all the foods I can no longer have. It's not a hot fudge sundae, but those days are gone forever.

3 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

I love, love, love this watercolor journeling!!!!!
All of the work is wonderful... and YES, the difference in process? Priceless!

LeeAnn D. said...

The work is absolutely wonderful! All of it!

amelia said...

Love the day lily!!
Why are hot fudge sundaes not allowed any more?????