Friday, June 5, 2009

Foolish Frugality


Hi, Cocoa here. I know this is telling on my mom, but I just can't resist. She had a cracked egg that she was too frugal to throw away, so she planned to cook it for me yesterday. Well, she put it in the still warm frying pan after fixing her own breakfast, and I was so excited! But then she went into the office and sat at the computer ("Just for a minute, she said.") Of course she forgot all about the egg cooking on low for me. When she suddenly remembered and rushed into the kitchen, she found the egg VERY well done. It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but looks are deceiving.  The egg is petrified!  Guilt made her quickly cook another for me, so I really did not lose out. Thanks, Mom.   She is making a journal page with it amid lots of laughter.  She has even saved the egg. Humans are really strange.

5 comments:

LeeAnn D. said...

You could try to sell it on eBay if it was in the shape of the virgin Mary ...

amelia said...

What exactly is on that plate????

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

It'a a petrified egg. LOL

wisteria said...

Hi Friend,
I like you blog.it's very nice to see your blog. I would like to share my link with you.
Please visit www.racerwitz.blogspot.com

Thanks & Regards
Wisteria

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

my grandfather was extremely frugal...he also left things on the stove while they were cooking and caught the kitchen on fire more than once...hmmmmmmmmm