Sunday, April 26, 2009

Early Morning Garden Walk

One of my favorite things to do is to take an early morning walk in the garden. I like to see what has come up over night and how much the plants have grown from day to day. It is like a little miracle every time the sun comes up. This is one of our sycamore trees standing tall in the spotlight of the morning sun.
As I stood here taking this picture, peering through the honeysuckle at the rose that grows behind it, I was scolded by the birds who were ready for the first meal of the day.
Our Mexican Talavera turtle shows off the new mulch spread this week on all the garden paths.
When I was in third grade, we read in a book called, "Through the Garden Gate". I've loved garden gates ever since. We now have Bluebird babies, Great Crested Flycatcher babies, and Carolina Wren babies. The hummingbirds are doing their mating dance, flying in great arcs in the space over the garden, and the cardinals are very, very busy. Everything and everybody is bringing forth new life. This is my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous photos! Just found your Beautiful blog :)

Laura Trevey said...

I just check out all of your Etsy sites, and would love to feature you on Bright, Bold, and Beautiful!
convo me for details :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful shot of the sun in the trees...