Monday, September 22, 2008

Equinox Visitation

Today is the first day of fall and this morning, very early, we had an equinox visitor in our tall pine trees. I heard the Great Barred Owl hooting in our woods as I began to get dressed for work. I quietely let myself out the back door and waited breathlessly. Nothing...... I waited and I waited...... and then, when I was just about to go back inside, I heard the hooting again. So I sat down on the back porch and just listened. It hooted and hooted until the sun came up. What a thrill for me. A true harbinger of the changing weather and always, for me, a sign of great blessing.

2 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i'll never forget the time i walked, at night, from the rv to your house and heard that owl..it scared the crap out of me. but i now have a new appreciation for these birds. thank you!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

That is so wonderful, I love Owls. I love Nature and just listening like you did this morning.
Nice to meet a kindred spirit.
And thank you for the comment you left me. Love Nita