Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Sign of Spring



We have a lovely stand of Redbud trees out near the road that tell us when Spring is on its way. Today, we noticed that the buds were beginning to pop, a sure sign that winter is almost over. The hummingbird migration map becomes active on Thursday and I will be following it's daily movement waiting for the birds to arrive here in our part of the state. The cardinals, finches, titmice, and chickadees have been very busy refining their songs and gathering materials for nesting. I am encouraged.

3 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

June is bustin' out all over...
only it's florida, so it happens a little early :-)
your wait won't be much longer for a country home and yard full of birds and beautiful flowers!

LeeAnn D. said...

Yeah, I don't care what Mr. Groundhog says. In Florida, my cardinals and woodpeckers tell me that Spring is right around the corner!

amelia said...

Oh that's so pretty! The hummingbirds don't get here till early May and sometimes mid May. We have three feeders and I can't wait to see them this year.
I am a diehard winter fan but even I am really looking forward to summer this year..