Monday, November 3, 2008

Let The Sorting Begin

Janet says we are about three weeks away from a completed library wall and so we have begun sorting all of our books. As you can see, Janet has made signs for all of the categories we own....at least we think we have identified all of the categories. After gathering all of the books currently in the house on various small shelves, we went into the garage to begin opening boxes of books that have been packed since we left Brandon....eight years. Needless to say, I was surprised time after time by what I had forgotten we owned.
There are several more boxes to open in the garage. I am still waiting to find my Agnes Whistling Elk series of books and Janet's May Sarton journals. This photo is only a sampling of our collection. Because there was not enough room on the dining room table for all of the categories, we have organized the small shelves with one to two categories each. And so, we have books and and signs all over the house, waiting for the day when our dream of a library becomes reality. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

LeeAnn D. said...

You know, the title of your blog "let the sorting begin" makes me think of Harry Potter. It's too bad you don't have a sorting cap that you can try on your books and tell you where they belong.

I can't wait to see the library when it's done!

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

OOH, I forgot about the sorting cap. What a great visual. No telling what I'll be wearing the next time you visit.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

what a nice perk to my time on the farm...a library!
i love to read Sooo much i can't wait to dive in!
you girls have waited a long time for this, i am thrilled it is finally a reality!