Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Tribute To Mom



This gardenia bush was a gift from Shannon to my mother on the first Mother's Day that Mom was in an assisted living facility. It was a very small potted plant when Shannon sent it. Because the facility had very little space for plants and because the plant was yearning for sun and water, I brought it home and planted it in my garden. I have had it for three years and it has never bloomed. This year, as I approach my first Mother's Day without my mother, the bush has burst forth with ten blooms today and many more buds ready to pop. I take it as a sign that although my mother is gone, she is in yet another form that continues to bloom and thrive.

1 comment:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

wow mom
this post brought tears to my eyes. the gardenia is so beautiful! i think that yes, nana is around a letting you (and therefore all of know) that we are being looked after.