Sunday, May 25, 2008

Come Out And Sit A Spell


Come out on the porch and visit a while. It is very warm out here these days and the yard is very dry since we haven't had rain in over six weeks. It seems to rain all around us but not here where we are. This porch is my place of solace, regardless of the heat. I come out here to rest and renew and it seems that I need to do that more and more. Those of us working for the school systems throughout the state are under great duress with budget cuts for next year. We know there will be more work to do and fewer people to do it. So each afternoon, I pour myself a little wine, bring it out to the porch and let nature's quiet wash over me. The hummingbirds dart from bush to bush, the bluebirds splash in the birdbaths, and the rooster next door announces, once again, that his internal clock needs re-calibrating. I love life in the country.

1 comment:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

oh yes....the view is stunning and the chairs...i will be in them in a couple of months time :-)
i am so grateful you have this lovely spot as your place of solace; a beautiful place that you have created for yourself. In a way your 'room of ones own' . a sacred place that we all need so badly...only sometimes we realize we need it when we are at the point of desperation.
i love life in the country too..