Sunday, December 7, 2008

The End Of A Great Day

Yesterday, after a very full day of cooking, baking, and wonderful conversation with LeeAnn, my evening ended with a cup of ginger tea in my favorite china teacup. We had a great day in the kitchen; Janet's grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch; a very close match of Bird-O-Poly; and all in all, a terrific day.

There are freeze warnings out for tonight and so Janet and I will spend part of today carrying our fragile plants into the garage to keep them safe. However, we do plan a foray to Michael's in search of a few crafting magazines that we can't seem to find anywhere else.

3 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

now a cup of ginger tea on the table in the library...(by professor plum with the candlestick)...sorry, i digress
seems perfect to me. but what in the world in 'bird-o-poly'?

LeeAnn D. said...

Bird-o-poly is Monopoly except instead of properties, you acquire birds. Instead of houses and hotels, you buy bird houses and then trees. You learn all about the birds you buy when you turn over the card and read the fun facts.

It wasn't a close game, though. Janet beat us both. Mom and I were in jail (or "grounded") for half the game.

amelia said...

I was happy to see your comment on my blog and now I'm going to start reading yours!
What I've read so far looks like fun. I'm not a great blogger, I mostly do it for my own journaling.